Sunday, June 8, 2008

12 Years

That's how long we have been married as of today. It really doesn't seem like it has been that long. I guess when you are married to your best friend time goes by fast. I will post more on how he asked me to marry him later (it's pretty cool and deserves its own post!). We were able to go to the metroplex for the weekend. Ken's mom came down and watched the kids for us. We didn't do a whole lot, just shopped and ate. A trip there is not complete without eating at one of our absolute favorites: Pappadeaux. Here's a picture of us from June 8, 1996.


This is one of our first dates. It was sometime around January 1993. This was at my sorority winter formal. Are we stylin' or what?!?

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the pictures! We're coming up on our 8 year anniversary, as a matter of fact we started dating 10 years ago this summer!

The Robnett's said...

How sweet! I remember those pics like they were yesterday. Happy Anniversary..12 years is a long time.

Shannon said...

Congrats! I thought about you guys, yours is easy to remember since mine is the very next weekend. I can remember discussing our dates, me/you/Kathryn while studying in grad school at your house! Call me about Gulf Shores!

Blessings All Mine said...

I seem to remember the wedding shots, too! I remember Bro. John mentioning that Ken had assured him that if necessary, he would give his life for you. I was 15 at the time, and I remember thinking that was soooo sweet!