Layne had his first sleepover Friday night. It was not planned, but worked out great! Layne's best buddy, Jackson, has two older siblings. His brother is a junior and plays on our schools varsity football team. His mom called me that afternoon and asked if he could come over and play during the game. Of course I did not care because we had nothing going on that evening. Ken went to another game in town to scout and I ended up taking the kids to the pool.She gave me his pj's, so he could fall asleep on the way home (after she picks him up after the game). Well, after their baths, he saw the pj's and said, "my momma sent my pj's, so that means I am spending the night". Okay, now you have to know this little boy...his personality is EXACTLY like Layne's. He is very shy and I really didn't think he would want to stay with us. I asked him several times if that was what he really wanted to do and he gave me the same answer everytime, "yes".
So, I sent his mom a text telling her the situation. I decided that the "real" test would be when they went to bed and the lights went out. I put them in Layne's bed and went to check on them about 5 minutes later. Guess what?? They were both OUT. So I sent another text letting her know that it looked like it was indeed going to be a sleepover. She called me after the game and told me that if needed, to call her in the middle of the night. I did not hear a peep out of them ALL NIGHT. Neither one of us could believe it.
The picture is from Saturday morning. They had built a spaceship out of the couch cushions and anything else they could find. BTW, Anna has not had a sleepover yet. She was able to understand that it wasn't "planned", and was a very good sport about the whole situation. It made me see how much older and mature she is getting. There was a time (not too long ago) where she would have protested the fact that Layne was having a sleepover and she had not had one yet!!

No comments:
Post a Comment