That's the name of Anna's basketball team. She had her first YMCA game yesterday. I didn't even know they had a league for kids her age, and even if I did I probably would not have signed her up. But, a mom of a little boy in her class called me and asked if Anna would be on her team (she is the coach). She was trying to get a team together of kids at their school and in their class. The team consists of 11 children (6 boys and 5 girls). Six of the kids are in her kindergarten class. Can I just say that the game yesterday was one of the most entertaining events I have witnessed in awhile. Imagine 5 and 6 year olds playing basketball without really any rules. There were some boys actually tackling others to get the basketball. Poor Anna never had a chance. Each time she touched the ball (twice) a little boy would just come over and grab it out of her hands. I told Ken that we really need to explain the game a little bit to her, b/c she basically stayed at the half court mark and jumped around with her hands up in the air. It was the cutest thing ever!! After the game she said she was playing defense. Some of the little boys were pretty good. You can tell they have played on the playground or have attended basketball camps. Only 5 more games to go!! Anna is #4.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Well, Anna looked like she was having fun. Maybe she would do good as the cheerleader w/all her energy!!! It seemed like they all were having a good time---we need something like that here.
Watching kids play sports is a hoot! I laughed all the time during tee ball season! Can't wait 'till it rolls back around!
That is hilarious! I agree with your sister that Anna might be a good cheerleader! I changed the website several times on my blog and it is still going to the superman page. Ugh!
Oh' nevermind! It just worked!
TOO funny! She looked adorable out there! At least she was giving it her all!
Post a Comment