.jpg)

On the plane
At our resort. This is the entrance to the pool.
View from our room
Kids in front of the "microphone" as Layne called it during the entire trip!.jpg)
.jpg)
Okay, these posts are probably going to be pretty lengthy. I want to write about our trip before I forget!! Well, most of you may not know, but Layne got sick again 6 days before we were leaving on our trip. So, the day before our departure, I took both of them into the doctor for one last check-up. Layne was great, but guess what? Anna ended up with a low-grade fever. Our doctor gave me a prescription for Tamiflu, just in case we got to Orlando and she became worse. I don't know what it was that caused the fever, but she was fine. Our doc also gave the kids a prescription for Phenegran (sp). With all of the people from many countries at WDW, you can easily pick up bugs and I appreciated the script for that. Thank goodness we didn't have to use it!
We left Abilene airport at 6:40 Friday morning. So, we were up before 5am. I had a backpack full of activities for the kids for the plane ride, but they didn't touch any of it. They just sat in their seats and enjoyed the ride. I was very proud of them. We even got some compliments on their behavior from other passengers! We had a short layover in Dallas and then we were off to Orlando. We arrived in Orlando around 12:30 and were at our resort by 2:00.
We stayed at one of Disney's resorts called Port Orleans-French Quarter. This was recommended to me by the travel lady that I used to plan our trip. The pictures of it online looked really cheesy, but it was nice. It is one of Disney's smaller resorts, so you are only a short walk to your bus stop, pool, and food court.
After a quick late lunch, we were off to Epcot. We went to this park because we had 5:30 dinner reservations at The Coral Reef. It is a seafood restaurant that is built around an aquarium. It is a little weird b/c you are eating fish while you are looking at them :) That night we were able to ride our favorite ride, Soarin, plus the Nemo & friends ride. We also rode Mission:Space. Ken and Layne went to the orange team while me and Anna rode the less intense version, the green team. Ken & Layne also got to ride one of Layne's favorites, Test Track. We saw some characters at Epcot. Anna got her picture made with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto. You will not see Layne with many characters at the beginning of our trip because he was a little shy about meeting them. We left the park around 10pm. Our day was long, but we weren't really tired. We were excited for Saturday was the Magic Kingdom!

2 comments:
Oooohhh....Aaaaahhh. Nice! Can't wait to see more!
Glad you're back safe and sound and you had a great time! Can't wait to read/hear more about your trip.
Post a Comment