Fiesta Texas Water Park
Looking at the map..."Where do we go next?"
Anna in front of The Alamo.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Last weekend we made a whirlwind trip to San Antonio. Chris was speaking at the coaching convention there and Ken really wanted to go and support him. So, on Saturday night, around 10:30, we decided to go ( I know, very last minute, but sometimes that's how we roll!!). We left early Sunday morning and got back late Monday night.
We got there in time to eat lunch and do some shopping. We learned that at Six Flags Fiesta Texas you can get in for $20 after 4pm. Well, we were there at 4:00. We wore our swimsuits because they have a water park connected to the amusement park. We stayed at the water park for a couple of hours (it was completely swamped with people) and then changed and enjoyed the big park.
Anna is a bit like me which is very cautious at amusement parks. She likes the "kiddie" stuff. After much coaxing, she agreed to ride the ferris wheel with the family. We ended up on there during their nightly firework show. It was really neat! Layne rode a big roller coaster with Ken and loved it. I wanted to ride it, but we just ran out of time.
We woke up Monday morning and headed straight to downtown San Antonio. Anna learned about the Alamo in kindergarten during the Texas history unit. She was so excited to see it in person. After our Alamo trip, we went to the Riverwalk and ate lunch. By this time, it was time for Ken to leave, so the kids and I went on a boat tour of the Riverwalk. After that we met up with LeAnn and did a little shopping. Anna also got to have something very exciting done...
SHE GOT HER EARS PIERCED!!!!!
.jpg)
Long story here. We didn't actually "plan" on having them pierced this weekend. She has asked about it a few times, but we never nailed down a specific age for her. Well, she spent several days with Ken's mom before our trip and she was around older cousins. While shopping in San Antonio, Anna really wanted a bra. I know, I couldn't believe it either, but she had seen her older cousin with one. She really did not understand why she couldn't have one to wear under her clothes. So this was our compromise. I'll take this one anyday!!!

7 comments:
What a compromise!!! LOL
I'll take earrings over a bra, too. I bet if you gave her a training bra she would change her mind, though. I remember hating them at first b/c they were so uncomforable! haha. Man, kids grow up too fast!
I'm glad ya'll had fun in San Antonio. We have been playing phone tag the last few days..its been a crazy weekend for us! Anyway, I'm so proud of Anna. When I told Abigail about it she said, "did it hurt?" I told her not to bad (I need details on how she did!!!)
I wish I could have gone to San Antonio this year. I am definitely going to Austin for coaching school next year!
WOW...I can't believe how brave she is!!! Molly Reed would never consider it!! She looks so big. Can you believe, we registered for 1st grade today?!?!? Yes, it starts on Monday. I couldn't be less ready. Let's catch up this week--I miss you! Shan
She's staying at my parents (that's the best part). They get to feed her and take care of her. Ha!
See ya tonight... where are we going to eat!
Yes, I agree the earrings were a GREAT compromise. Oh' football has started! We're going to have to get together over the next few weeks!
Oh my goodness....I am already nervous for those things! The ear piercing is precious~ You know that's our favorite "spot" Glad you guys enjoyed it! Love you~
Post a Comment