Friday, October 3, 2008

Catching up

Wow, alot has happened since my last post! We have been extremely busy in the Collums household. Football has consumed all of our weekends. The kids and I met my parents two weeks ago in Sherman, TX. We got to have a quick visit and short stay (one night) together. They also got to go to the ACU game in Durant, OK. Then, last weekend, we made the trip to Portales, NM for the game. Spent the night in Lubbock after the game. So...I am REALLY glad there is a home game this weekend. Other happenings:


**Anna has lost two more teeth. She has now lost a total of 6 teeth. This is the funniest story. She came home from school telling me that she had lost her tooth during snack time and swallowed it. She wrote the cutest note to the tooth fairy to leave under her pillow. It said (and this is her spelling) "Dear tooth fairy, my tooth fel in my stomok. It was my 6th tooth! But I swolod it. From: Anna". Well, that night, Ken went to tuck her in bed and actually "saw" the tooth. It had fallen out in the middle of the night, but she didn't notice it was gone until snack time at school!

**Layne had another fall at school yesterday. There is a bar above the slide on the playground at his school. He was swinging on the bar and fell. He fell straight back on the metal platform. He had a huge knot on the back of his head. With his history of concussions, I took him straight to the doctor. He was fine, but had a pretty nasty headache last night.

**We are staying busy with football and school activities. Both kids attend AWANA at church and gymnastics. Anna is in musical theater (singing & dancing class) and imagination station (acting class). Our weeks are full, but fun!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I'm glad Layne didn't have another concussion! I'm so nervous and EXCITED about this week! I hope we play well! It would be so nice to play at home if we make the playoffs.