Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Anna's softball

Anna had her first softball games this past weekend. We have been extremely busy with both softball and baseball. Currently they both have practice 2X/week and then they both have games. It has been very hectic, but fun!


Anna's team is called the Dazzlers. It is a group of girls ranging in ages from 7-9. She LOVES it!! We were very blessed to be a part of a team with GREAT coaches who emphasize the fun and the fundamentals of the game.



She requested #2 b/c that was Billy's number (he was the ACU quarterback the last 4 years). She wanted to get a picture of her number and her last name!!

The Dazzlers at the opening ceremonies

Anna in her "ready" position


These are some funny stories I do not want to forget about softball:


  • On her "try-out" night I heard the guy in charge tell the girls to run to first base after they hit the ball. I didn't think Anna knew where first base was, so I went to the dugout to talk to her about it. I said, "Anna, do you know where first base is?" She replied, "no". Then one of her friends said, "I don't either", so I explained where first base was located!!

  • On the night of her first practice, I told her to go put her stuff (bat, glove, helmet, water bottle) in the dugout. She asked, "Where's the dugout?"

No comments: