Monday, April 20, 2009

Girl's Weekend in Gruene

This weekend, I was fortunate to go away to Gruene, TX for a girls weekend. Me and five others left around lunch Friday and headed out for a road trip (about 3 1/2 hrs away). About an hour or so into the trip, we had a flat tire! We pulled over on the side of the road and it wasn't too long before these nice guys stopped to help us out.
We happened to pull over into someone's driveway and wouldn't you know it, they tried to leave as the tire was being changed. Guess what the guys had in their truck?!? I almost passed out when I saw these snakes.
After that detour, we were on the road again. We got to Gruene in time for dinner. On Saturday, it was a day full of shopping at the outlet malls in San Marcos. For dinner Saturday night, we ate at the Gristmill. We had a fun game of taboo after dinner!! After breakfast and a little more shopping on Sunday, it was time to come home. I had a great time!

Hanging out on the lawn of the Gruene Mansion Inn (where we stayed). Back row: Summer, Trish, Holly. Front row: Leslie, me, Jackie

Friday night dinner. Summer, Holly, me, Trish, Jackie, & Leslie

On the banks of the Guadalupe river. Me, Trish, Jackie

No comments: