Thursday, April 9, 2009

NASCAR race

This past Sunday, Ken & Layne were in Fort Worth at Texas Motor Speedway for the NASCAR race. Layne has ALWAYS loved cars. He could sit through an entire NASCAR race on TV when he was 3! I can't even do that!! They were supposed to go to this same race last year, but Layne came down with the flu. He was so excited about going this year.

We were very blessed by tickets. A parent of one of Ken's football players got them tickets & passes for access to the tents. I didn't really understand what that meant, but apparently it was pretty neat! When Layne got home the first thing he said was, "Mom, that was the loudest thing I ever heard". They stayed for the entire race. Ken said he never once complained and never once asked for anything. How awesome is that!!!
My favorite picture
Ken said that there were several people there that didn't have the headsets. I am sure their eardrums were damaged!! These headsets were pretty neat b/c you could listen in to different drivers and their crew chiefs.
This is Layne's favorite car...Lowe's Jimmie Johnson
Can you believe this crowd?

While the guys were gone, Anna & I had fun shopping. We bought her Easter dress and ate at some of her favorite restaurants. We had a great girls weekend!

No comments: