Today was Anna's last day of kindergarten. In some ways, I think the last day is just as emotional as the first day of school. Her favorite part of the day was lunch. She ate in the cafeteria everyday but Friday. I either made her lunch on Fridays or I brought lunch and ate with her. Her other favorite activities in school were P. E. and recess (anyone surprised?) Our only accident in P. E. was a few weeks ago when she got hit in the eye with a hockey puck. I strongly encouraged the nurse to tell the PE teacher that maybe they should put the hockey unit away because she was the third kindergartner hurt that morning!!
She had a wonderful kindergarten year. Most of that is due to her awesome teacher. Anna is truly going to miss Mrs. P (me too!!). She was such a nurturing teacher. She would call/email me when Anna was sick so much during the spring, just to check on her. She truly loves all of the children in her class and works hard to make each of them feel special. She made each child a mini scrapbook of the year which I will cherish forever.
During the last three weeks of school, they did a kindergarten airlines unit. They moved all of the chairs to look like the inside of an airplane. Then they all rotated with "jobs" (pilot, flight attendant, passport checker, etc). Their backpacks would be their luggage and they would "take off" to other countries and learn all sorts of things about their destination. Anna was able to be a pilot and flight attendant. She even got to pass out Skittles as their snack on the plane.
Anna has learned so much this past year. She is now able to read very well. She loves to write and just finished writing her first chapter book (3 chapters). It is the cutest thing! Anna, we are so proud of you and can't wait to see what the future holds for you!
This picture on the left was taken on the first day of school and the one of the right was taken on the last day. WOW, what a difference 9 months makes!!
.jpg)

1 comment:
(You dont know me but I am a friend of Ashley, Whitney's sister, and Jordan. I have met Whitney a few time through them.) Anyway, I admit I have lurked on your blog, obviously :) Anyway, I know Mrs. P. She and her husband are good friends of my parents. They are wonderful people. I actually ran into them at Rosa's in Abilene a few months ago. Anyway, hope your daughter enjoyed her year with Mary. She is a sweety. (By the way, I began reading your blog when you went to Disney... we were planning a trip then and went in May!) Have a good summer.
Post a Comment