Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Arkansas trip-Week 1

Our dear friends, Kevin & Shannon. In college, Shannon was my roommate and Kevin was Ken's. After Ken and I started dating, we set them up. The rest is history!!

Me & Paige (Layne took the picture, pretty good, huh?) The next picture is Anna, Jaelle (Paige's daughter), and Layne

On the fishing trip. We caught several fish and fried them up the next weekend. I love the picture of Layne. Nothing better than a good ole' Dr. Pepper on a hot day!!



These pics are from swimming at mom and dads.

Anna and Layne with Grandmommy (Ken's grandmother)

We left for Arkansas on Thursday, June 19th. We went to my mom and dad's first for a few days. While there we stayed busy swimming and fishing. The kids are always ready to swim. We have a pool in our neighborhood so I didn't think they would be so obsessed with my parents pool. They thought it was better b/c it had a diving board!! Anna learned to dive while we were there.


We were also able to visit with several friends. My friend, Paige, lives in the same town as my parents, so it was good to be able to visit with her. She has a daughter that is a year older than Anna and they love to play together. We also met our dear friends from college, Kevin and Shannon in Little Rock for lunch one day. They live outside of Memphis and were traveling through Arkansas.


The kids stayed with my parents for several days while Ken and I spent some time together at their lake house. Ken loves to fly fish, but was unable to go on this trip. Due to flooding and massive amounts of rain in the spring, the water was not fishable (is that a word?) He was so disappointed!! We did absolutely NOTHING for several days but eat, read, and sleep!!


At the end of the week, the rest of my family met up at the lake. We were also able to spend some time with Ken's grandmother because she lives very close to the lake house. More pics from week two to follow!

3 comments:

Blessings All Mine said...

I've been waiting for pics! Love 'em. And the new profile pic with you all in white at the beach! I hate that I missed you too. I think Eli was sick that weekend...

Leah said...

Great pics. Welcome home.

Whitney said...

We're glad you're back. Will you call us if you go swimming, esp. in the evening. I want to take Morgan but it's so hot during the day that it's hard to take Kennedy too. I may call you one evening this week, esp. since the guys are gone to see if we can come.