Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Halloween to remember

Here we have Sharpay (from High School Musical) and Jimmie Johnson (NASCAR driver)




Well, what an eventful weekend! About 4pm Friday afternoon, I get a phone call from Ashley, our quarterback's wife (pregnant wife that is). She asked me if I was going to be around that night because she wasn't feeling so well. I told her I didn't have any plans all weekend (the game was out of town and I wasn't going) and I would come and get her three year old, Cydnie, for awhile. I went to get Cyd and realized Ashley is really not feeling well...she is in labor!! I take Cyd and Ashley goes to the hospital. Her mom lives out of town and is due to be in Abilene in a couple of hours.

I take the kids home and Ashley calls me about 30 minutes later. She says, "Robyn, I am dilated to 8 and my water broke as soon as I got here". I thought "oh crap!!!". Here she is by herself (her mom is on the way and her husband is out of town for the ballgame). I immediately start to panic b/c I DO NOT want her to have that baby by herself. So, I call a neighbor (our AD's wife) and explain the situation to her. I drop off my two kids and Cydnie at her house (along with her three kids!). I rush to the hospital to stay until her mom arrives. I get in touch with LeAnn on my way and she meets me there. Poor Ashley is too far along for an epidural.

Ashley's mom arrives before six. So, LeAnn and I leave to get the kids ready for a night of trick or treating. I continued to receive updates from Ashley's mom and at 8:04, Criss Ashlyn was born!! It took longer than they expected because little Criss was turned wrong for a little while. She is a beautiful little girl. Do you know who she is named after? LeAnn's husband, Chris. Chris has made such an impact on Billy's life (and thus an impact on his marriage and his entire family) that he wanted to honor Chris by naming his daughter after him.

I had Cydnie all weekend and enjoyed every minute of it! Billy & Ashley mean the world to our family. They came to Abilene the same time we did and have been through the highs and lows with us along the way!
Here is little Cydnie with Layne & Anna

and here she is with her new little sister!!


4 comments:

Erica said...

What a wonderful Halloween surprise for that precious family! I love the costumes. We should have gotten your Sharpay and my Gabriella together to sing the night away:-)

Whitney said...

Oh' my gosh! Well I did not know that crazy story! She's lucky she had you to call... bless her heart! And no epidural... oh' goodness! I think it's awesome that she is named after Chris... definitely a testament to the impact he and Ken have had on their lives. They are great people... the entire family.

Glad ya'll had a fun and eventful (although a little too eventful it sounds like) Halloween!

Leah said...

WOW what a blessing you were there for her!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOAH!!!!! I had to read this one twice! Can't believe that...I'm just so glad you were there and helped her out so much! I know she is so very thankful! Her little girl is precious. And your kids look ADORABLE! Ella wanted to be Sharpay, but I said NO 3 year olds can be Sharpay. Tell Anna she was beautiful...and Layne looks awesome too!