Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Layne!!

Today is Layne's 5th birthday. You can read more about his birth story here. Last night we all went to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate. We celebrated early because today both kids went to grandma's (Ken's mom) for a few days.

Here they are with Chuckie. Layne would not take a picture with him unless Anna was in it.
Playing air hockey with daddy

HIS FAVORITE GAME!!! He LOVES cars (I am starting to really worry about him when he turns 16!!). He is actually pretty good at these driving games.



Some things about Layne:
  • He is very considerate. We always let the "birthday person" pick where they want to eat when we celebrate a birthday. I asked Layne where he wanted to eat and he said "Well mommy, where do you want to go?" Is that not the sweetest?!?

  • He LOVES to play with cars. He loves hot wheels, NASCAR, CARS, really anything with wheels. He even likes to watch a NASCAR race on TV. He can name most of the drivers along with the number of the car they drive and the sponsor.
  • He LOVES his sister. She has been in school now for two years and he still constantly asks "when will Anna be home?"
  • He loves to cuddle. He will slip into our bed in the mornings and just wrap his little arms around me or Ken. A couple of years ago I would have tried to stop that behavior...not now. It is just too precious and I know he won't always want to cuddle his momma and daddy.

We love you Layne and we cannot believe you will be starting kindergarten next fall!

1 comment:

Blessings All Mine said...

He's Eli's twin seperated at birth with his car obsession. I swear! But not with the being really considerate part. Eli is still too much of a terrible two-er to be too considerate! haha. Happy Birthday Layne!!!!