Monday, December 22, 2008

Our traditions

We started a tradition a couple of years ago of taking the kids to Dollar Tree (I know..cheap) and having them pick out something for each other and for me and Ken. I like going there because I don't have to tell them "that's too much money". They LOVE IT!! I am dreading the day when they don't want to go to Dollar Tree anymore!! After our inexpensive shopping trip, we drive around town and look at Christmas lights.
I realized I didn't have a picture of our tree and wanted one to document it. It is mostly a collection of snowmen and some ornaments the kids have made over the years.
A few days after our Dollar Tree adventure, we open up our gifts. This year we did it tonight. I had my reasons for giving Layne his Nintendo DS early. 1)We are making the 8 hour trip to Arkansas tomorrow and I knew it would make the trip more enjoyable and 2) It was both a Christmas and birthday gift combined. I didn't get a great picture of Anna with her gift. It was some pieces to her Polly Pocket house.

From Dollar Tree, Layne got Anna some "bubba teeth" (she loved them!!) and Anna got him a car (imagine that!). The kids got me a candle and Ken some duct tape (Hilarious!!).

The night of the Dollar Tree trip I had to go to the mall for some last minute things. The kids insist on going to Sears when we are at the mall. They absolutely LOVE the escalators. So, the kids made 3 trips up and down the escalators. I wish I was entertained that easily!!


No comments: