Monday, September 17, 2007

God had favor upon me

Okay, I had to share this praise! Here's the story. At the football game the other night, I took my credit card out of my wallet b/c I wanted to buy a t-shirt and didn't want to haul my entire wallet/purse into the game. Well, on Sunday I remembered it was in my pants pocket on my way to the van to go to lunch. I got it out and hurried to the van (Ken was in a hurry b/c he had to go to work). I didn't put it in my wallet right away b/c he was waiting on me and we were in separate vehicles. I thought "Oh, I'll just put it in there when we get to the restaurant". Well, you know the rest. I didn't think about it again, until about 5:30 last night. I was checking out at the grocery store and opened up my wallet. Guess what? No credit card. My heart sank. I immediately remembered the last time I saw it was when it was in my lap. LeAnn (my sister-in-law) was with me and she dumped out my purse while I called the restaurant to see if anyone had turned it in. I then went to this restaurant's parking lot to see if it was still on the ground. Then we both turned the van upside down looking for it. When I returned home I checked our online statement and nothing had been charged to the account. That was great news, but still knew it was out there somewhere. After the kids went to bed I again emptied out my purse, my wallet, and looked in the van again. Nothing. This morning I had decided that I was going to look one more time in the van and then call and cancel. I went to look in this compartment above the steering wheel and I accidentally hit the wipers. They start moving and I see something. Guess what? My credit card!! Someone must have found it right beside my van at the restaurant and placed it under the windshield wiper. I still can't believe it. I just wanted to share because we often don't hear about the good and positive things that people do for others. It was an answered prayer!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh' my goodness. Losing a credit card is a horrible feeling. Jason does it all the time :) What a relief to find it. We are going to the game. We're going to go stay in OK city again with Jason's cousin. Are ya'll going?

Anonymous said...

Girl, that sounds like something I would do...I am so thankful you got it back--a true miracle!! Love you and hope you have a great week--Shan

Blessings All Mine said...

Wow! That's a great story! I know that heart-sinking feeling, too! I've been fortunate enough to be able to find me right away, though.

Erica said...

I am so glad that someone found your card. It is such a pain to have to cancel a card and wait for another one, especially if it is your debit card. I use that one all the time. Thanks for sharing:)