Monday, February 4, 2008
Flu
Layne woke up really sick this morning. He had a cold over the weekend, but woke up today with fever and complained of headache and sore throat. I called our doctor and got him in this afternoon. Our appointment was at 2:00 and Layne literally stayed on the couch from 7:30 until 1:45 today. He didn't get up to play with a single car or train. I knew he was sick. Of course, when our doctor walked into the room, he immediately knew he had the flu. He did a test and gave the whole family Tamiflu prescriptions. I told him that I had the flu shot (got it at work), but he said that the CDC came out with an article today that said this year, more people that have gotten the shot are still getting the flu. That is the main reason why I don't give my kids the shot b/c you really don't know what strain of the flu is going to be going around. I just hope the rest of us don't get it. But, I am prepared for the worst. I think I need to go stock up on some more cleaning supplies!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
BOTH of my children got the flu shot months ago, and BOTH of my children had the flu at the same time two weeks ago! We are still recovering!
Hello Lysol and Clorox Wipes!!
Oh no! Hope Layne feels better, and that the rest of you stay well.
Hope Layne is feeling better...The salsa turned out great! I was having a mexican theme but the rice did not make it to the table...it got swept up with a broom!
So sorry to hear Layne is not feeling well. Hopefully it will be short lived. I know so many people that have gotten it! OH, the american idol party was great! I got the plates, napkins, etc at a party store here. The audition tags with the numbers....I printed off the logo onto paper and bought the numbers at Wal-Mart and let the girls make up their number. I made up the golden tickets and certificates on the computer. The "stage" I borrowed from my sister-in-law. She got it at Target. It is her daughter's and actually a "fashion show" stage. It is really cute with a runway that has a sensor and plays music when you go to walk down it. I printed off some American Idol pictures and covered up the "Fashion Show" sign for them to come out of. They really had a good time. Part of their party favors were some cute little (inexpensive) photo albums from Wal-Mart and I just uploaded the pics that night and ran and picked them up. So, they all had pictures in their albums to take home with them. I didn't have time to order any of it, but Birthday Express had some really cute party favor stuff for American Idol.
Oh' no! It seems like everyone I know is sick. Hope Layne is feeling better!
OK, where do you find all the cute little things to add to your blog? You know I just have to copy you! Hope you don't mind but yours is too cute!
Post a Comment