Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


This is what we had for dinner tonight. It is one of Ken's favorites, so I thought I would make it for him for Valentine's. It's crawfish pasta and it is heavenly! You can find the recipe for it here. We are finally getting over the flu and strep throat. Things are slowly getting back to "normal". I guess it won't be officially "normal" until we stop taking medicine.

Valentine's always reminds me of one of my funnest jobs in college. Every year on Valentine's Day my great friend, Shannon, and I would deliver flowers for a local florist in town. We got $2.50 per item we delivered for Ye Old Daisy Shoppe. We would race into the shop first thing in the morning, and that would often require some skipped classes.
:( We would fight with the other delivery people over the multiple delivery destinations (hospitals, schools). I remember one year we talked Ken into delivering. Those of you that know Ken, know he is TERRIBLE with street names. He is great with directions and locations, but can't tell you the name of Main street. He knows where Main street is, but doesn't know the name of it. He didn't like the flower delivery job so much.

Hopefully, the kids are going to grandma's this weekend. I just hope everyone stays well and the weather cooperates.

6 comments:

Blessings All Mine said...

You can't put a picture up like that without a recipe!!! No fair!

Whitney said...

Yum! Sorry, I didn't get your message about lunch until later on this afternoon!

Erica said...

Dinner looks great!! I hope that your sweet children get to go to grandma's and you get a little time with you Hubby to just relax after the week you have had:)

Tenille Rauls said...

Ok...Russ would LOVE that! I need the recipe..I will probably call you when I'm in Wal-mart! Glad you guys are feeling better and hope you get the weekend to yourselves~

The Robnett's said...

That recipe does look yummy!! Email it to me when you get a chance. Hope your having fun w/out the kiddos

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to comment about Ye Olde Daisy Shoppe. Kevin also remembered that he was known for "drop offs", leaving the flowers at the front door when no one was home--a "no no" in the flower business--but it got him the $2.50 faster! Those were the days!!