Saturday, May 17, 2008

Anna's May Show

Anna's dance show was last night. She was in three numbers: musical theater (singing & dancing), ballet, and tap. She really enjoys dance and was looking forward to wearing her costumes and putting on make-up. This week was really hectic with practices and rehearsals, but we survived!! I asked Anna if she was nervous and she said "At first when I saw all of the people, I was a little nervous, but after that I loved it!" I think we have a little performer on our hands.



In her musical theater number, they sang "You've Got A Friend In Me" from Toy Story. This group is kindergarten through 2nd grade. They were all dressed as different characters (toys). Anna was a kitty cat. She stayed in character the entire time. Anytime she had a picture taken, she had her hands together and her head tilted. You can tell by the picture that she is really getting into it. All of the kids did a fantastic job.




Okay, this was an interesting number. They were eels and tap danced to Donna Summer's "Hot Stuff" (don't worry, it was instrumental only, no words :) During the rehearsals, my mom and I almost flipped a lid when we saw Anna dance. She was shaking her hips like Shakira. It was hilarious!! I had several other moms come up to me and make comments about it. She definitely got her groove on!



This was her ballet dance. They were dragons. Isn't she a cute dragon? Just so you know, I was very domestic with the headpiece. I actually sewed the elastic to the headpiece. I know that probably doesn't sound like a big deal to most of you, but it was HUGE for me. My mom offered to do it, but I really wanted to do it myself. I was very proud that it stayed on. Now, I can actually say I have sewn something!!

4 comments:

Leah said...

She is adorable!!!! :)

Whitney said...

Knowing Anna... she loved performing in front of everyone. Definitely a natural at it. I hope you enjoyed your time with your family. Thanks for helping with D.'s shower yesterday.

Blessings All Mine said...

Oh this is cute. Especially for someone like me, who does not get to do girly recitals. She looked cute as she could be, and knowing your mom, I bet she did flip her lid when Anna turned the hip action on. Haha. I LOL at that one.

Tenille Rauls said...

Wish we could have been there! Love all the new pics. Lexi has learned to shake like that too! I'll put Anna to work at the house when you guys come home...tell her I will double what you pay her! haha!