Monday, April 6, 2009

Layne is playing baseball

Layne had his first baseball game on Saturday. He was supposed to have one the week before (3/28), but it was cancelled due to the cold and windy weather (I did the happy dance when I got the call that it was cancelled!!).
Layne wanted a picture with the back of his jersey. He thinks it is so neat that it has his last name on the back of it. We didn't pick numbers, but he was very excited to get #8. He says he has to run fast b/c he is #8 (the fastest guy on the ACU football team wears #8).
Doesn't he look cute?

His team...the Auburn Tigers. Layne is on the back row. He is third from the left and one of the tallest on the team. I think the other tall kids are already in kindergarten.
Layne plays in right field. I was behind the fence taking pictures and I think it was a little distracting for him :-)
Here he is at bat. He is an extremely good hitter (#3 in the lineup) and I am really not bragging. He is not very good at fielding. He calls it gloving. Isn't that funny? He will tell you he doesn't like gloving, only batting. Maybe he will be a designated hitter one day.
Running into home!!!

3 comments:

clarkfam said...

so stinkin' cute. Such a little hunk and I loved the pics of Anna in her "outfit" too! I know Zak can't wait for the day of Cooper's first baseball game! Hope all is well - Sarah

The Robnett's said...

Layne looks so big in his uniform. He looks like he loves the game! Wish we could see him play.

Amanda said...

Ritchie is beside himself with Reid and Layne playing. However, my Layne is the smallest on the team. Doesn't look 5 at all! They aren't any good at fielding either. I am sure that will come with time and practice!!